Monday, March 10, 2008

Colourful underwater animals living on coral reefs

I called up the camera repair shop a few days ago and was told that my Olympus Mju 790 SW was beyond repair. And they would get me a new one. And so I would have to go snorkeling without my camera for the next few weeks!

Damn. I know I must bump into some nice marine life during the next few snorkels. It always happens. I already let a Southern Eagle Ray on the South Cottesloe Reef get away without its photo taken. And the week before that, I could have taken the photos of two pretty spotted jellyfishes up-close at North Cottesloe!

So, to pacify myself, I started looking around the Web for some nice royalty-free or public-domain underwater images that I could use to jazz up my blog. I found quite a number of such websites! The ones below are from the Coral Reef Alliance website.


Balloonfish (Didon holcanthus)
Photographer: Bill Miller
Location: Bonaire Marine Park, Netherlands Antilles


Flamboyant Cuttlefish (Metasepia pfefferi).
Photographer: Jeff Dawson
Location: Malaysia


Clownfish (Amphiron ocellaris) and Magnificent Anemone (Heteractis magnifica)
Photographer: Steve Turek
Location: Malaysia


A yellow, brown and pink sea star (Neoferdina glytodisca) and a pink sponge
Photographer: Chuck Savall
Location: The Great Barrier Reef, Australia


Blue sea star (Lickia laevigata)
Photographer: Mary L. Frost
Location: The Great Barrier Reef, Australia

No comments:

Followers