Saturday, March 1, 2008

How do I know what I know - my references

I know I will write this post eventually.

As more of my friends pop by to check out my blog, I begin to get questions like 'Where do you find out the names or the scientific names (especially) of these birds, fishes or algae?'

Well, I use different sources: books, websites and people.

These are the books I refer to at the moment:







Sometimes I just have to visit websites for information or talk to people.

Fortunately, I know a few marine scientists and students, who must be amused enough by my strong interest in marine life and at the same time, showing a lack of knowledge of them, that they are always happy to give me a hand with naming or tell me when I make a mistake.

I guess people who know about my lack of training in marine science will be quite forgiving if I have (unintentionally of course) put up a wrong piece of information here.

I am not even sure if I need to put up a disclaimer like this one:

'All content on http://chaitt.blogspot.com/ is reviewed and approved for scientific accuracy by ME only. The content is provided for general informational purposes only and not a substitute for professional advice. It assumes no responsibility for any errors in the content and if someone dies or suffers stomach discomfort and skin rashes after reading, I am not to blame - For crying out loud!'

I know, I know - it sounds ridiculous.

No comments:

Followers