Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wow, my profile on the MarinePhotoBank webpage!


I just found out that MarinePhotoBank.org has put up my photo and profile on their webpage! Dont' know what to say. But that already brought one visitor to my blog - that's great.

Well, let me tell you how I ended up submitting my profile to MarinePhotoBank.org.

For quite a while, I couldn't take any marine life photos because my camera was broken. In order to continue putting some nice images on this blog, I started searching for royalty-free marine images on the Net. That's when I bumped into the MarinePhotoBank.org website.

'Advancing ocean conservation through imagery' - that practically sums up what MarinePhotoBank does. And I think it is a great strategy. Sometimes imagery touches a person's heart faster than words do.

So, you can download marine images from this website and use it for free as long as it is for non-commercial use, like using them on your blog. Of course, you can contribute your photos too. Their website says this: Send your best shots, instead of your entire set. Not all photo contributions are accepted into the Marine Photobank. We review hundreds of images and select images of high quality and composition.

I submitted some photos of seagrasses and also a photo of the southern eagle ray. And they were accepted. That's when I thought I should submit my profile to them. So I did and you know the rest.

It is cool to see your profile on an ocean conservation website!

No comments:

Followers