Monday, April 14, 2008

Offshore from Marmion Angling and Aquatic Club (MAAC)

After going to Cottesloe every weekend for a couple of months, I reckoned it was time to have a bit of change. Last Sunday, I snorkeled in the Marmion Marine Park. I picked two places - offshore from the Marmion Angling and Aquatic Club (MAAC) and Waterman's Reef Observation Area. I started with MAAC and finished with Waterman's for a really practical reason - Waterman's has shower facilities!

I didn't see any fishes that I haven't before. So I took photos of other marine life instead.

MAAC Club right on the beach



The brown stuff was possibly some encrusting algae.


Orange sea sponge! This must be quite rare. I often see the purple sponge, not the orange ones.


Sea anemones and abalones


Encrusting algae again? Or some marine lichens?



Eleven-arm sea star


Purple sea urchin (Heliocidaris erythrogramma)(?)

No comments:

Followers