Sunday, June 1, 2008

Beachcombing finds at Cottesloe - unknown (?)

Beachcombing is the only thing I could do at the beach for the last few weeks. It really worries me to think that I might have to give up snorkeling for the winter.

Anyway, let me show you the photos of some unknowns. These animals were washed ashore at the South Cottesloe Beach. Except that they are animals, I don't really know much about them.


Unknown No. 1:
This one is 5-7 cm in length. It is basically a mass of soft flesh to me. And it squirmed when I touched it with a twig.



Unknown No. 2:
This one is probably 10 cm across. A mass of flattened tough flesh. It is about 2-3 cm thick. And it didn't squirm. In the second photo, you can actually see those small holes all over the animal's body - for breathing I guess.



Unknown No. 3:
This one is 5-7 cm in width and probably 10 cm in length. I think the light brown part is the body of a sea squirt and the tough, dark crusts must be another animal.

No comments:

Followers