Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beautiful sea anemones

Of course, I got these images from the NOAA Photo Library. And I am using them in a proper manner, i.e. crediting NOAA and the photographers. I surely don't want to do anything silly to ruin this blog .


Credit:
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/Department of Commerce

Photographer: Dr. Dwayne Meadows, NOAA/NMFS/OPR
Image ID:
reef0529, NOAA's Coral Kingdom Collection
Location: Chuuk, Federated States of Micronesia
Photo Date: 2006 late September



Credit:
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/Department of Commerce

Photographer: David Burdick
Image ID:
reef0795, NOAA's Coral Kingdom Collection
Location: Chuuk, Federated States of Micronesia



Credit:
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/Department of Commerce

Photographer: David Burdick
Image ID:
reef0792, NOAA's Coral Kingdom Collection
Location: Chuuk, Federated States of Micronesia


Such beautiful creatures!
I hope I will see some beautiful marine life like these ones in two weeks' time when I have my holiday at Coral Bay. I just couldn't wait for it!

I have often heard about the Ningaloo Reef but I have never thought of visiting it. It is just so far away. It will take me probably 16 hours by bus to get there. As much as I would like to fly there, the airfare is simply too costly for me - a poor student. (I wonder if you have read in the news about Aussie postgraduate students living below the poverty line.)

16 hours to get there and another 16 to get back. But I still believe it will be worth going. I have been not snorkeling long enough because of winter. It is time to hit the water again. And to take heaps and heaps of photos for this little blog!

2 comments:

Mosura said...

A holiday at Coral Bay sounds fantastic. Looking forward to the photos. I remember snorkeling on the reef up at Low Is, Qld many years ago. Wish I had access to an underwater camera then.

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Talking about underwater camera reminds me of this - my Olympus waterproof camera was flooded a few months after I bought it. The shop gave me a new one because it was beyond repair. But the second one again played up a few weeks ago. Now it has been repaired.

I just hope that it won't leak again when I go to Coral Bay. ANYWAY, I have also just bought another camera with underwater housing, although it is not as good as Olympus in its functions. Intova, heard of?

Followers