Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The dancing sea hare - Aplysia species

Just one word. Mesmerizing!



And a short note, too:

Making a video clip of this sea hare wasn't easy. This was again because of Chai's Underwater Photography Rule no. 1: Don't touch them! and Rule no. 2: Keep a distance. That way, it is less likely that I would harm them, and they me.

But this guy kept swimming into my face. So, half of the time, I had to keep avoiding him & her (considering sea hares are hermaphrodites). But when it swam away, I had to follow it carefully so that I won't lose sight of it. And to make things worse, my snorkeling mask kept leaking!

13 comments:

mick said...

Amazing! A very good one indeed.

Mosura said...

Fantastic - Chai Cousteau.

They look a lot better swimming than they do washed up on the beach :-)

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Thanks Mick.
Thanks Alan.

It was just a chance encounter. I never saw any of them again. Except the ones washed ashore :(

But it's experience like this one that keeps me hitting the water again and again.

Sharaz-Curve.Com said...

Awesome..

Anonymous said...

Underwater birds! Really well filmed and you're getting the credits in order now ;)

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Yeah. It just looked like it was flying, flapping its wings.

Sharif said...

This year's OSCAR goes to "Chai Tsun Thai".....welldone and Congratulations Chai......

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Which award?
The Oscar for Best Actor and for Best Actress both go to the same sea hare :)

Sharif said...

Oscar for best director, producer, cinematographer....

Denis Wilson said...

Well done Chai. It is a whole other way of seeing the world. And you got kissed by a Sea Hare!
Denis

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Just can't wait for my trip to the Ningaloo Reef 2nd of August! I should see more marine life there.

celebrating 2008 christmas said...

wow that was nice...I tried to approach fishes before but I was afraid to touch them under water or even get near them

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Dear "celebrating 2008 christmas",

Some fishes are more afraid of us than we them. Anyway, hope you will get to meet up with some really friendly fishes one day! :)

Chai

Followers