Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My pink coral and strapweed photo on another website : )



No, nothing to worry about really. Not e-piracy or anything like that.

A couple of weeks ago, a documentary producer who saw my photos on the Marine PhotoBank website asked if she could use my photos on her website. I was quite happy that others like my photos, so I said yes. She put up my photo of pink corals and strapweeds, which I took this February in Parker Point Marine Sanctuary of Rottnest Island. You can check out her site here. You can also find a larger version of the photo here.

4 comments:

Devin said...

Congrats Chai!

Mosura said...

...and a nice photo it is too!

Denis Wilson said...

Hi Chai

Nothing wrong with "recognition" by people in positions of power and influence.
Well done.
Denis

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Thanks Devin, Alan & Denis.

One reason that prompted me to start this blog is to show my readers that there are interesting marine life in Perth's waters, in our own backyard. I am happy that in the process of achieving this, I receive recognition (if you can call it that) but I am happier when people begin to realize that there are marine life to explore in Perth beaches. A few weeks ago, someone told me that until he read my blog, he always considered Perth beaches to be places for swimming only - full stop. Now he is interested to go snorkeling here. And I was also told that someone feels calm (?) when she reads my blog. I don't even know that a blog can have such therapeutic effects on the readers. Anyway, these make me happier than compliments from a producer.

Followers