Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sea squirts



I saw these two while snorkeling. The water was about 3 m deep and these sea squirts were about 20 cm in length. I am not sure about their species.


I found this one on a rock when it was low tide.




Stalked and solitary - the sea tulips



Two sea tulips washed ashore


I think these are sea squirts. I found them in the low tide zone. They caught my attention simply because of their pig-nosed appearance.


Another one attached to a rock and exposed to air at low tide




This one was washed ashore. The actual size was just about 1 - 1.5 cm across. I almost missed it because its color blended well with the seaweed's.

3 comments:

Mosura said...

Your Sea Tulips always fascinate me.

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Thanks Alan.
Have you seen any of them on the Tassie shore?

Mosura said...

No not yet. I live in hope :-)

Followers