Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rottnest Island - fishes at Green Island (1)

Of course, besides the invertebrates that I wrote about in my last few posts, there were fishes at Green Island too. The most amazing to watch was the big school of common buffalo breams (Kyphosus sydneyanus) that I found over the shallow reef.



And the ones in the deeper water...




For some reason, I find this last photo interesting. It's possibly because they somehow remind me of a miniature dolphin. I remember I was taking the photo of some common buffalo breams then. But they just don't turn out looking like one at all.

3 comments:

fremantlebiz said...

Beautiful pics. Paul. :)

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Thanks, Paul.

Denis Wilson said...

Its remarkable how your world always looks so different from mine. Love it!
Denis

Followers