Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rottnest Island - Bickley Bay (2)


Bickley Bay on a summer morning


Seaweed adding colors to the underwater world at Bickley bay




Some fishes of Bickley Bay - I couldn't quite make out what the fishes in the first two photos are, but the third (last) one shows a couple of common buffalo breams.

Stingers! If there's one thing that I must warn you about Bickley Bay, it's the stingers! And one afternoon, I actually swam into a swarm of stingers. And whichever direction I turned, they were in my face - and naturally, I got stung! I was just thankful that the pain was bearable and non-fatal : )

2 comments:

Steve Reynolds said...

Hi Chai
Those common buffalo bream(s)are known as silver drummer in SA. So I've now learnt a new name for them. And those stingers, they're called jimbles, Carybdea rastoni, in SA.
Cheers
Steve

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Oh, those jimbles are really nasty fellas that I can do without!

Followers