Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blog hiatus

Ok, looks like it's time I take a blog hiatus.
Thanks to all of you who have followed this blog. With winter coming and a PhD thesis to be written, it would be really impossible to keep snorkeling and blogging. I should be back in a few months or probably by end of the year (?) Anyway, do check out my earlier posts and tell me what you think!


And I will just share with you these photos I took last Saturday at South Cottesloe.



These guys looked like some spacecrafts drifting through space.
The one with yellowish rings in the dome (bottom, right) looked so different from others which had white spots.



A tear in the dome. The first time I saw this.



A brittle star under the rock - look at the snakey arms.



A seaweed decorator crab that was washed to the shore. It was about 3 cm across.



A pretty fan worm. They obviously have no operculums (white arrows).

11 comments:

Steve Reynolds said...

Hi Chai
Thanks for your efforts throughout summer. Good luck with your PhD. Looking forward to your return.
Cheers, Steve

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Thanks, Steve.

ria said...

I will miss your many wonderful posts, but yeah, winter is not a good time to get into the water I guess.

Keep warm, all the best for the PhD!

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Thanks, Ria.
It's nice you don't have to worry about winter : ) and you can hit the beach all year long.

Chai

Denis Wilson said...

Hi Chai
Best wishes with the Thesis.
Your photos have been getting better and better.
Cheers
Denis

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Thanks, Denis.

Eugine said...

Hi Mr chai,

I notice you are interested in underwater shooting.I stumble upon a great underwater housing for canon 5D mark 2.. the video and picture were fantastic.. i think you might have some interest in it...

Cheers Eugine

Eugine said...

http://gizmodo.com/5263918/underwater-camera-cases-video-dslrs-are-a-match-made-in-fish-heaven?autoplay=true

This is the link lol

Eugine

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Hi Eugine,

Thanks. It certainly looks fantastic. But I suspect it must be an expensive toy : )

Chai

Eugine said...

Hi Mr chai,

It maybe a bit expensive, but now a days an entry level DLRS can produce the same result which is half the price, but i am not sure about the camera housing.
O Well keep on with the underwater photography it is fantastic. I wish 1 day i can capture sea creature as my subject.

Eugine

Gerrit_H. said...

I have just stumbled upon your blog and have spent much of my day looking through your old posts. You have a wonderful blog and beautiful pictures. I look forward to your return to blogging.

Followers